I know that money is tight; otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this post. I also know that you don’t want to get ripped off. However, the difference in fees between the more experienced Newnan bankruptcy lawyers and the less experienced lawyers is only a few hundred dollars, yet the costs of hiring the wrong lawyer can be substantial.
So before you make the rounds calling to ask what a particular Newnan lawyer charges for a bankruptcy case, ask these questions as well:
- Does the Newnan lawyer specialize in bankruptcy?
- Does the Newnan lawyer handle chapter 13 and chapter 7 cases?
- Will the lawyer handle any liens and garnishments that have been put on your property for the fee quoted?
- Do the fees you’ve been quoted cover the costs for filing your case and for the credit counseling and debtor education course you are required to take?
- Do the fees cover reviewing and discussing reaffirmation agreements?
- If you own a business do you want to trust a cheap lawyer with making certain you don’t lose this business in the bankruptcy? It can happen.
- Would you trust a cheap lawyer to save your house? You can definitely lose a house in a bankruptcy case.
These are just a few of the very important considerations you need to make when considering what bankruptcy lawyers in Newnan, GA you might want to hire. In most of the cases I review, we are looking at removing ten thousand to millions of dollars in debt for a very modest fee in comparison. So when you are considering hiring your attorney – certainly consider the fee for services, but make sure you understand what services are offered for the quoted fee and more importantly, make sure you understand what services you need.